Income Strategies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solo Ads, good or bad?

Go down

Solo Ads, good or bad? Empty Solo Ads, good or bad?

Post  Admin Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:00 am

A solo ad is an ad that you can purchase usually through a traffic exchange company, safe-list company, or through a company that writes and sends out ezines to their members. You can even get them through regular "joes" that have lists they have built up over time. Do a search on "Solo Ads", and you will see many companies dealing in this line of business for marketing on line.

What exactly is a Solo Ad? What it is suppose to be, is an ad sent out all by itself to these various companie's lists of members. Let's say your a member of a large safe-list company with thousands of members. Safe-list companies generally give you so many mailings to their data base either per day, week, or month, depending on how they have their system set up. They know that generally speaking, your ad will most likely not get read among the masses of ads that get sent out by other members of the same safe-list. So, what they do is offer a solo ad, for a price to their members, and often times non-members, to have it sent out to the membership. Companies that are offering solo ads will a lot of times have you sign up with 2 seperate email addresses. A "Contact" email, and a "Regular" email.

The regular email address is where they send the thousands of ads from other members, through either their newsletter, or a once a week, or month "free" mailing they give to their members, to advertise to. The contact email is where you would receive other members paid solo ads. The rule of thumb being, you will more likely read these ads that come into you contact email, and generally do. The regular ads that are send to your regular, or secondary email, are a lot less likely to be read.

There are many types of solo ad companies, who use various methods to entice their readers to read your particular solo ad. One way they do this is to give their members a certain amount of advertising credits for reading your solo ad. You could then use these creditis to advertise on their site, send more regular email ads to their data base, or even sometimes use them to receive a "free" solo ad down the road. Another way is to give their members a chance to win something by reading your solo ad. So every time they read a solo ad, they would be entered into a contest to win cash and/or prizes of some kind. Some companies on the other hand, do not offer their membes anything to read the solo ads.

These are the 3 basic types enticing their members to read your solo ad....credit based, contest based, or based on nothing. There are more types, but these are the most common.

The cost of solo ads can range anywhere from $5.00 up to $300 and more. Generally speaking though, the average cost is around $60 to $90. Do they actually work? It depends on the type of companie you are running the ad through, the ad itself, the business you are promoting, and the day of the week you send it. Credit based solo ads seem to be the most responsive, and get the most page views. In short, yes they do work.

If this is an advertising means you would like to give a go at, there are 2 companies that stand out above the rest. Mad Vlad, and Topsurfer.

There are others out there we will be checking out more closely in the near future. I will also be sending out a few solo ads this next week for our Stair Step System, and will post the results.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://fredhollinger.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solo Ads, good or bad? Empty Solo add questions

Post  Guest Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:28 pm

Hi Fred,
I have a few questions about solo adds. First, what type of format should a solo add be. Should it be short and sweet, enticing the reader with curiousoty to click the link inside, or should it be more descriptive in nature, telling the reader what the program is all about. I have seen both types of these in solo adds I recieve. I would like to know in your experience, and anyone else who cares to comment, what you have had the best results with. Also in your post you mention the day of the week matters, any suggestions there? Also what were the results of the solo adds you placed?
Any help and guidance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

Back to top Go down

Solo Ads, good or bad? Empty Re: Solo Ads, good or bad?

Post  Admin Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:00 am

Hey Mike.

The best response when it comes to solo ads, for me, are ones that use a credit based system. The more membership base the solo ad company has, the better response you will get.

People will click on these ads generally regardless of the message to get their advertising credits. However, a lot of people do read the ads as well, and different people respond to different types of letters. Some are more enticed by the salesmanship (such as "Earn BIG Money") Some like to know how the program will work, so more details about the company would work well for these people. What I like to do, is read ads and find the ones that appeal to me, and use those ads as a guidline for writing mine. Best thing to do is be yourself.

The best results I have had, and continue to have with solo ads are simple short descriptive ads. Here is an example of one I use for the Stair Step System:

"Using the The Stairstep System has proven to be a powerful way to build an income....

Don't skim the following few paragraphs - Read and see if they make sense to you.

If someone is willing to work closely with you (and we mean actually communicating with you on a regular basis), what could that mean for Your business and Your income?
• It means the person is having success with the system and wants to share their good fortune with you.
• It means they believe that you are serious about wanting to generate a good monthly residual income.
• It means they are confident that you will stay with the program - otherwise why waste their valuable time?
• It means they want you as a Business Partner; not just someone to signup and forget.
• It means they fully comprehend the power of the Network Marketing Industry, and they want to build a trust and friendship with you.
Can you think of a better business foundation?

I'll repeat that... "Can you think of a better business foundation?"

Without Question The Stairstep System is the Quickest, Easiest, and Least Expensive way to build a downline in multiple programs and Keep It.
Is your "Business and Income Building System" working for you?"

Here's a more salesman like approach:

"How to make $50,000 plus each and every month. We help you build your Team by using our resources. We have 5 things we do exclusively for our Members:

1. Your link added into our Team Rotator.
2. Being on a Team that is bringing in 4-8 paid members per week.
3. Not having to bring in new members into the other 4 companies within our system. The members we help get for you, join the other companies under you!
4. Feeling good about the sheer affordability of our system.
5. You don't join any company within our system until you are in profit!

Come join our Team of dedicated marketers today!"

A couple of other notes. The Subject line is the most important. It is good to use at least the first name, if not full name of the person you are sending your messages to. Some solo ad companies offer a code to use in your message to insert in place of the members' names. There are "trigger words" when writing subject lines that grab the readers attention more than others. An example of this is "How To......." Like "How to turn $5 into thousands!"
"How to make a great income" etc. for what ever reason, "How To...." seems to be a very good attention grabber, getting peoples interest. Another big one, for obvious reasons is "Free....."

The idea with the solo ads is to get the reader to open your message. And if it is a credit based type ad, all the members who use the credits for earning advertising will click on your ad.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:09 am

Hi Fred,
Thanks for the info! Also thanks for the quick reply and ongoing support you have shown. Not just to me but to everyone involved!!
We truely appreciate you my friend Cool
Mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:11 pm

Hello Mike.

Hey man, you are very welcome. Most of the problems when it comes to sponsors, is that they do not always know the difficulty some are going through, and when they need help with things. I appreciate your constant and consistent contact and involvement Mike. It makes my job a lot easier, and shows who really has the passion to do great things.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down